Thursday, May 1, 2008

Old MacDonald had a...Whoops!

I made a major flub today in my storytime. We were singing Old MacDonald, going through the animals and we reached the rooster/hen. I began singing..."...And on that farm he had a rooster...E-i-e-i-o" "With a cockle-doodle-do0 and a cockle-doodle-doo" then I wasn't thinking and accidentally said, "here a cock, there a cock...everywhere a..." then I caught myself and said "cluck, cluck." The mothers found it very funny but it went entirely over the kids heads. I guess I should have stuck to hens and not to roosters. Hopefully, the preschoolers don't go home singing about Old MacDonald's farm with "here a cock, there a cock, everywhere a cock, cock."

2 comments:

DvntWriter said...

Oh lol! That is hilarious! I'm just glad the parents were amused as well... I can see some overly sensitive and over protective types blowing this way out of proportion. Still, it would be funny if their little ones went around singing "here a cock, there a cock, every where a cock cock!" *giggles!* :-)

Carrie said...

I consider myself fortunate that everyone thought it was funny. Afterwards I was imagining one of the parents writing a nicely worded letter to administration complaining. There's always those types around.