Thursday, October 9, 2008

Clever Babies

Babies are clever little buggers.

I do a baby storytime for newborns to toddlers once a week and those little tots keep me on my toes. This week there was a pair of twins, a boy and girl who I believe had devised a devious plan with each other before the start of storytime. These twins were a dynamic duo, moving around stealthily out of my vision while I did the songs and stories of the storytime.

I believe their twin conversation before the start of storytime went like this:
"Okay, now I'll go for that thing that makes the music that she's always messing with while you go around the back for those wonderful shiny things that Mommy always plays with."

So one twin distracted me by pounding on the CD player nearly stopping the songs and whilst I was paying attention to him the girl went around the back of the small table which the CD player was perched for my keys which were under the table. Their mission was completely successful. The little girl grabbed my keys and went back to her seat to (literally) drool over her trophy.

This has taught me two lessons: One is to put my keys in a higher place, and also that babies are clever little buggers.

0 comments: