Friday, April 10, 2009

Sick Story

I've stayed home from work today. This is thanks to my wonderful husband who has been sick for a month yet refuses to go to a doctor. (Typical male.) I felt sick the other week but got over it but then it came back with a vengeance yesterday afternoon. My throat got sore, I started sneezing and my nose turned into a faucet. I would just be sitting there typing at the computer when drops of snot would roll out of my nose at indiscriminate times. Very nasty.

At one point in the afternoon a patron called me over to help her with the computer. I leaned over her shoulder to look at the computer and then suddenly a big droplet of snot fell out of my nose and dropped onto her pants leg. I held my breath in shock. What do I do? I was presented with two options: a. Apologize profusely for my bodily fluids falling on her or b. Pretend it never happened

I took the coward's way out. After a millisecond pause I pointed at the screen. "Click on that there to save it," I said and then walked away. I do not know if that woman noticed the snot on her leg. I pray she didn't but I'm not sure since that was the last time she asked for help from me.

0 comments: