Friday, April 17, 2009

Monsters Under the Bed

I had a "monsters" storytime this week. After I read a story about a little monster who has humans under his bed I asked the kids "Do any of you have monsters under your bed?" I didn't expect a response but several hands shot up in the air, "I do, I do! Me, me!" They were so excited to have monsters under their beds. I guess their monsters weren't that scary.

I also read a book about 10 things to do with your monster. Among the activities to do with your scaled or slimy friend were living next to a pet store because monsters eat lots of food and never naming your monster Fluffy. (It suggested you name your monster Bob or Biff.) After the storytime we made monster faces with paper plates, tissue paper and other various odds and ends. I asked a child what he was going to name his monster and he said (in complete seriousness) "I'm not going to name him Fluffy!"

0 comments: