Friday, December 5, 2008

Toilet Troubles

I've decided to put on my resume, right next to my masters degree, "professional toilet unclogger." The past two weeks I've unclogged our library's stupid toilet four times. Each and every time it's been disgusting. As I pumped the plunger through the putrid mess I couldn't help asking myself, "My God, what did you people EAT?" I can't understand how a single person can create so much crap at one time.

It turns out our toilet troubles are due to some dingbat flushing a sharpie down the flusher. We couldn't figure out why the toilet kept clogging. The Roto Rooter man came out and found nothing. It still kept clogging. Then after repeated e-mails and frustrated calls we had another investigation and found the offending marker. If I find whoever threw that marker down the toilet I'm going to lock them in the bathroom with a toothbrush and make them spit shine that toilet for all the grief I went through.

0 comments: