Friday, July 10, 2009

Goodbye Charlotte



After more than a year of having our library pet tarantula Charlotte, next week we are bidding a fond farewell to her. Or should I say I am bidding a fond farewell to her, the others are not too sad she is leaving. She was my pet more than anyone else, I fed her, changed her bedding, gave her water and took her out on presentations. I have to admit I will miss the big creepy gal.

But now we are getting a new pet. After months of deliberations, and then a split second decision in the pet store, we decided on a water dragon. I am abdicating responsibility for this pet's care. I am done with taking care of library pets and worrying if they will be dead when I come back from the weekend. I am going to do hardly none of the work and take all of the glory talking about the water dragon to the children as if I'm some expert on lizardology. I really know nothing about water dragons now, I should bone up on information since children always ask SO many questions like: What does it eat? Is it a girl or a boy? How big will it get? Hey, that last one is a good question. Hmmm...

0 comments: